We are pleased to announce the winning photographs of the 2017 Orleans County Tourism Photo Contest!
- “When the Sun Goes Down…at the Point” by Peggy Barringer
- “Memorial Day Cemetery” by Dennis Button
- “County Seat in Fall” by Elizabeth Carpenter
Judging was tough as there were 25 photographers who submitted 85 images that captured the essence of Orleans County – from rainbows & sunsets to waterways & wildlife. A jury of 15 was asked to rank their top 10 picks with the following criteria to consider:
- Does the subject have a Tourism draw?Is this an interesting attraction worth travelling to? Is it current?
- Quality: Is the photographer skilled in using interesting design elements such as depth-of-field, perspective, texture, symmetry or contrast? Is this image “Magazine Cover Worthy”?
- “Only in the OC”: Is the image iconic to Orleans County or could this picture be taken anywhere? Does it represent Orleans County’s character?
- The WOW Factor: Does the image spark a positive emotion in you?
- The I-GOT-IT! Factor: Was the photographer in the right place at the right time?
- Over-Processed: Does the image appear animated, over-processed or Photo-shopped?
Photographer’s identities were not disclosed to the judges. Results were based on responses from 9 judges ranking the images from 1 to 10 and the highest score determined this year’s winners.
Thank you to all the photographers that submitted their works! View the Top 15 entries: