We are pleased to announce the winning photographs of the 2018 Orleans County Tourism Photo Contest!
- “Summer Morning on Lake Ontario” by Sharon Gavenda
- “Blue Heron” by Ann Kimmel
- “St. Mary’s Sandstone & Glass” by Kellie Hurrell
Judging was tough as there were 45 images that captured the essence of Orleans County – including 11 sunsets, landscapes, wildlife and architecture. A jury of 11 ranked their top 10 picks with the following criteria to consider:
- Does the subject have a Tourism draw? Is this an interesting attraction worth traveling to? Is it current?
- Quality: Is the photographer skilled in using interesting design elements such as depth-of-field, perspective, texture, symmetry or contrast? Is this image “Magazine Cover Worthy”?
- “Only in the OC”: Is the image iconic to Orleans County or could this picture be taken anywhere? Does it represent Orleans County’s character?
- The WOW Factor: Does the image spark a positive emotion in you?
- The I-GOT-IT! Factor: Was the photographer in the right place at the right time?
Photographer’s identities were not disclosed to the judges. Results were based on responses the judges ranking the images from 1 to 10 and the highest score determined this year’s winners.
Thank you to all the photographers that submitted their works! View the Top 10 entries: