The 2016 Orleans County Tourism Photo Contest is an opportunity to showcase the unique character and natural beauty of our region. And, it offers a chance to win 2 tickets to the Buffalo Bills vs Jacksonville Jaguar game, Nov. 27, 2016! Contest rules are as follows:
- Eligibility: the contest is open to any amateur or professional photographer except employees of the Orleans County Tourism Department.
- Locale: all photographs must be taken within Orleans County with a “tourism-draw” subject matter such as recreation, heritage, nature, annual event or tourist attraction.
- Deadline: All entries must be submitted by midnight, November 15, 2016 via email or postmarked no later than November 10, 2016. Winners will be notified by November 18, 2016.
- Submit: Email digital photos and entry form to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail prints to Orleans County Tourism, 14016 Route 31 West, Albion, NY 14411. Alternatively, you can fax entry & release forms to 585-589-3283. Contact Lynne Menz at 585-589-3102 with questions.
- Forms: All entries must be accompanied by a completed and signed Entry Form. A release form must be completed and submitted by any person recognizable in the photograph.
- Multiple Entries: A maximum of 5 entries per photographer is allowed.
- Digital Enhancement & Manipulation: Cropping and minor digital enhancements are allowed but the judges do not look favorably on over-amplified color renditions or artistic filters. Color and black & white images are accepted.
- Format: Photo entries must be high resolution in JPG, PDF or PNG formats to be used in printed material and not exceed 3 MB. Forms must be provided in PDF format if sent electronically.
- Judging: Entries will be judged on the basis of “Tourism” relevance, subject matter, creativity and quality as well as capture the unique quality and beauty of our region. We’re looking for the WOW factor.
- Prizes: The first place photographer will receive 2 complimentary tickets to the Buffalo Bills/Jacksonville Jaguars game, November 27, 2016. (Must be 18 years or older to accept the tickets or signed by a parent or guardian.) Honorable mention will be given to the runners up. Additional prizes to be determined based on number of entries.
- Photographer’s Rights: Each photographer will retain all rights to any photograph submitted including ownership. By entering the contest, each photographer hereby grants to Orleans County a nonexclusive, irrevocable, royalty-free license to reproduce, distribute, publicly display the photographs submitted for the contest, as well as the right to use the photographer’s name in promotions and other publications. Photographs, regardless of medium, will not be returned.
- Winning Photos: The winning photo and runners up, with appropriate credit, will be featured on Orleans County websites, promotional material and press releases.
Thank you for your interest in the 2016 Orleans County Tourism Photo Contest! And, good luck!