The 4th annual Orleans County Heritage Festival begins Friday, Sept. 6, 2019 and runs until Sept. 15th. The festival is a county-wide celebration of historical and cultural attractions. Participants deepen their appreciation of our region’s priceless people, places, organizations and historical assets. Highlights include:
- the dedication of the Company F Memorial Statue on Sept. 7th,
- historical re-enactments at GCC as well as the Medina Railroad and Cobblestone museums,
- daily genealogy workshops,
- the Sandstone Society bus tour,
- Hillside Cemetery tour and
- Murder & Mayhem: a Torch-lit Tour of Downtown Albion on Friday the 13th (so popular, our county historian had to schedule an additional night).
The complete schedule of events can be found at www.orleansnyheritage.com or pick up a program at the County Office Building (Tourism rack).
This year’s commemorative button (right) was designed by local artist Terri Wood of LonoWood Art Company. It features a sketch of the Company F statue, the courthouse dome, the Erie Canal Culvert made of Sandstone, masonry tools, cobblestone and Cobble the Mouse. The button is available as a pin or magnet this year and can be obtained when you attend one of the festival programs.
The festival is brought to you by Orleans County Tourism, the Cobblestone Museum and Clarendon Historical Society.